YouTube’s algorithm is far from accurate when it comes to generating recommendations. The advanced algorithm fails to understand our preference and the recommendations start turning into an annoyance. YouTube is now offering a new feature that will let you hide channels from recommendations.
With this feature in place, you will be able to control the YouTube homepage and Up Next suggestions. The changes are rolling out on Android and iOS. Meanwhile, the feature is expected to hit the web soon. YouTube also seems to have borrowed a feature from Netflix. Starting now, the video streaming platform will let users know why they’re seeing a particular video.
How to hide Channels from YouTube Recommendations on iPhone
- Open YouTube on iOS
- Click on the three-dot menu next to the video
- Select “don’t recommend channel”
You can also select categories based on your interest by scrolling up on the homepage. YouTube’s recommendation algorithm has taken flak for many things including pushing extremist content and suggesting conspiracy videos. The YouTube update doesn’t address these issues directly, however, users can now choose what they want to see and what they don’t on the recommendations.
It is very common for YouTube to show you unrelated videos and push you into the maze of irrelevant and often extremist content. The update should fix this problem for once and forever.
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.