If you discover that your iPhone or iPad is displaying the wrong time, you may find that various other options and features throughout iOS start to misbehave and on some occasions just don’t even work. Sometimes if the date and clock is off on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may run into all sorts of weird errors, like the inability to send messages, can’t make calls or send emails, some apps don’t open, and other odd behavior.
It is important to have the right time on your iPhone for the proper functioning of device. You can check out various methods given in this guide if you want to fix iPhone time wrong error.
Reasons Why My iPhone Time is Wrong
Before seeing the solutions, let’s see why your iPhone is showing the wrong time. There are multiple reasons for it.
- Some error in the iOS or missing files after a recent iPhone jailbreak can cause this error.
- When you set the Time Zone of your iPhone to automatically, it will change whenever you go to an area with a different time zone. So, if your device shows a different location, it will set a different time zone, which makes the time and date wrong.
Way 1. Update Your Device
Many iOS issues get fixed by just updating the iPhone.
Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. Your iPhone will check for iOS updates. You can download the update if there is any new iOS version available.
Way 2. Check the Synced Time on Your Computer
If the computer does not have correct time and date, the same settings will be transferred to your iPhone after the sync.
So, check if your Mac or Windows computer displays the right time.
Way 3. Change Date and Time Manually/Automatically
If the time is set to Manually, you may enter the wrong time. You need allow the iOS to set the time depending on your location.
- Open the “Settings” app and go to “General”, then to “Date & Time”
- Toggle the switch for “Set Automatically” to the ON position (if this is already set ON, turn it OFF for about 15 seconds, then toggle it back ON to refresh)
- Be sure the Time Zone setting is set properly for your region
- Exit out of Settings
If the time is set to Automatically and it shows incorrect time, there might be a bug in iOS. You need manually change the time.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
- Tap on “Set Automatically” to turn it off.
- Now, choose your own date, time and time zone.
Way 5. Use Time Zone Override
This error might also occur because of some time zone issues with the Calendar app.
Go to Settings -> tap on Calendar and then Time Zone Override.
Way 6. Turn off Location Services
Next you can be sure that the proper date and time are always accurate on the iPhone and iPad by making sure the time zone adjusts with your location. This is a setting that is usually enabled by default but some users may have inadvertently turned it off, thus it’s worth a look in iOS:
- Open the “Settings” app and go to the “Privacy” section
- Choose “Location Services” and make sure they are enabled, without location services the clock will not automatically adjust to the proper time zone if the location changes
- Within “Location Services” now choose “System Services”
- Locate “Setting Time Zone” turn this to the ON position
- Exit out of Settings
Way 7. Restore Device via iTunes
If you suspect that the error is occurring because of some data or wrong settings, you can restore the device using iTunes. Please remember to back up your device in advance.
Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and connect the device to it.
Step 2: Choose Restore Backup and select the latest backup of your iPhone. Click “Restore”.
Step 3: Your iPhone will get restored to the previous settings.
Way 8. Contact Your Cellular Provider
Every carrier does not support location services in all countries for setting the time and date automatically. So, you need to contact your cellular provider to fix the iPhone time wrong error.
Manage photos, videos, music, contacts, apps and etc. between computer and phones or phone devices.
Free to download and then edit online videos from most-used websites, like YouTube, Facebook and etc.
Make Unique Ringtone for iPhone & Android devices.
One-click backup and restore toolkit supports types of phone data.
Fully compatible with the latest Android OS and iOS system.