Method 1, Copy and Paste DCIM Photo Album Directly to Computer
Just connect the Apple mobile phone to the computer with a data cable, and there will be an additional Apple iPhone portable device on the computer. After opening, you can see an extra removable disk. After clicking Open, you can see the “DCIM” file Folder, this is the directory where Apple phones store photos, copy it to the computer hard drive, and then transfer it to the computer.
Method 2, Import iPhone X photos to PC via Windows built-in app.
On Windows PC, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 now all have built-in app to help you import photos from your portable device to computer. And here I will take Windows 10 operating system as example, the Window 7 and Window 8 are almost the same.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone X to a Windows 10 PC, for the first time, it will install a driver for your iPhone automatically. After installed successfully, a small dialog box would pop up on the right bottom of desktop: Tap to choose what happens with this device. Click on it, then a new window pops up: Choose what to do with this device. Simply select Import photos and videos option.
Note: If it doesn’t pop up the window, you can find Photo app on Windows > All apps to open it.
Step 2. Simply choose your desired photos and tap Continue, then it would ask you to set the path for the photos, change the path as you like, then import the photos.
Method 2, Save Photos to Computer via iCloud
iCloud for Windows, which allows you to access your photos, contacts, calendars, files, and more from any of your devices. With iCloud Photo Library, any new photos and videos that you take on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch automatically download to your PC. And you can upload new photos and videos from your PC so that you can access them from your other devices too.
Step 1. Download and install iCloud for Windows on your computer, and restart your computer. The program would open itself after restarting your computer, otherwise, you can open it manually, and sign in your Apple ID.
Step 2. Of course, make sure you have enabled iCloud Photo option and iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone X. After that, you are allowed to choose the features and content that you want to keep up to date across your devices, simply make the change as you like and click on Apply button, then click Close.
Step 3. Click on the iCloud program icon on the right bottom of your computer, select Download Photos, then you are allowed to download all photos or download your entire collection by year, hit Download.
Step 4. After a while, all your photos would be downloaded to your computer. You can find them under My computer > iCloud Photos > Downloads folder.
Note: Of course, if you don’t want to install iCloud for Windows on your computer, you can also go to iCloud webpage to download photos from iCloud to PC.
Method 3, Save Photos to Computer via iTunes
1. Search the official download of itunes, download and install itunes, and complete the relevant settings.
2. When connecting an Apple device such as an iPhone to a computer, itunes will automatically start a pop-up dialog box. If it does not pop up automatically, open itunes manually and click to select iphone.
3. The switching interface is as shown in the figure, select the “Photo” option.
4. Copy and paste the file to be uploaded into the specified folder, such as the uploads folder in the photostream in Apple’s own “My Pictures” in the computer.
5. Select the folder that needs to be synchronized, such as uploads in photostream, and then click the sync button to synchronize.
6. After the synchronization is complete, you can see the pictures in the iPhone. Of course, if you think the above method is more troublesome, you can also download itools for file transfer.
Method 4, Save Photos via Free Phone Manager
1. To begin with, download, install and operate Syncios Mobile Manager on your computer. Then link your iPhone to computer via a USB cable or via WiFi. Keep your phone unlocked when connecting. After connection, Syncios will load your iPhone data.
2. After data loading, navigate to Photos on the content sidebar. All photos and pictures of your iPhone will be displayed here. On the top menu bar, find a button named “Export”. Select photos from any photo album or select a photo album at once, then click on this Export to save photos to your computer.
3. One day, you will also need to import photos or pictures to your iPhone. But we all know that we could not import photos and pictures to iOS devices directly. What should we do then? Simply, also connect your iPhone to Syncios and find Photos on the content sidebar. Click on Import/Add option on the menu bar. Then choose multiple photos from computer to a photo album with Ctrl/Shift. Or import a photo folder as a new photo album at once.
4. In fact, there is a tip, you are allowed to drag and drop photos to any photo album using Syncios. It’s convenient to drag and drop photos to iPhone directly. Just open a photo folder on your computer, and drag and drop photos to your device. Have a try, you’ll see.
Manage photos, videos, music, contacts, apps and etc. between computer and phones or phone devices.
Free to download and then edit online videos from most-used websites, like YouTube, Facebook and etc.
Make Unique Ringtone for iPhone & Android devices.
One-click backup and restore toolkit supports types of phone data.
Fully compatible with the latest Android OS and iOS system.