The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active has moved from rumor to fact. The device, which focuses on those who want a device suitable for outdoor activities, will see release through AT&T on June 10. Find out everything else we know about the Samsung Active’s release date, price, specs and features below.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active release date and price
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active will go on sale June 10 exclusively through AT&T. It is available in Sandy Gold, Titanium Gray and Camo Green.
There will be two choices of payment options: $26.50 a month over 30 months or $33.13 a month over 24 months, coming to $795 and $795.12, respectively.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active specs
With the announcement of the device’s release through AT&T, we also got an official specs listing, which closely mirrors what we’ve seen in recent leaks.
The S7 Active has a very sizable battery, coming in at 4,000 mAh. That’s 400 mAh bigger than the S7 Edge.
The 5.1-inch screen is Super AMOLED and has a QHD resolution, making it the same screen as the Galaxy S7 and the S6 Active, the predecessor to the S7 Active.
The device is powered by the Snapdragon 820 backed with 4 GB of RAM – that’s 1 GB bigger than the previous generation. We also see 32 GB of internal memory as standard on the device, with SD card support enabling this to be expanded up to 200 GB.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active features
The Galaxy S7 Active has the same weatherproofing as the S7 and S7 Edge, that is IP68. On top of that it offers a military-grade body (MIL STD-810G) and a shatter-resistant screen.
The camera system on the S7 Active comprises a 12 MP rear camera, which is 4 MP smaller than its predecessor. But this is not something we need to be worried about. Samsung did this with the move from the S6 to S7 and made up for the reduced pixel count with dual-pixel technology, which is exactly what the S7 Active does. The front-facing camera is 5 MP.
- How to backup and restore Samsung Galaxy S7?
- How to Transfer Music to Samsung Galaxy S7 from Computer?
- How to switch from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S7?
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.