• iPhone 8 fresh render suggests rear Touch ID sensor
• This refutes previous rumours that suggest display embedded Touch ID
• Benjamin Geskin claims that this render is fake
Fresh iPhone 8 renders coming out of China seem to thicken the mystery surrounding the implementation of Touch ID on the smartphone further. The one rumour that has been on the see-saw for long has been the integration of the fingerprint sensor underneath the display or at the back of the smartphone. Now, a fresh leak, seems to refute other reports to claim that the Touch ID will be integrated at the back.
iPhoneros.com has leaked renders of an iPhone 8 prototype fully assembled, sporting a fingerprint scanner at the back, right beneath the Apple logo. The prototype also shows the vertical dual camera setup at the back, and the almost bezel-less front display as well. The flash also does not reside between the two sensors at the back, but is situated outside of the vertical camera ring completely, beneath the two sensors.
Tipster Benjamin Geskin seems to suggest that this is a fake iPhone 8 render, and reiterates that the iPhone 8 will have Touch ID embedded under the display only. He has been leaking iPhone 8 information regularly, and in his latest tweet, he suggests that some case makers have got a whiff of what the iPhone 8 final design will look like, and they have already begun mass production of cases and covers for the phone. He also claims that the back of the iPhone 8 will be a unique alloy of glass and metal.
The iPhone 8 is also tipped to sport an OLED display panel, wireless charging feature, some form of AR features, and a 3D front camera. It is expected to be more waterproof and dustproof than before, and will be powered by the Apple A11 SoC.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Recommendation: Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.