Apple just released AirPods Pro. Two of the most compelling AirPods Pro features are definitely noise cancellation and the Transparency mode. And if you just bought a new pair of AirPods Pro and don’t know how to switch between noise cancellation and Transparency mode, this article will give you some options.
Instead of double-taps on the earbuds like AirPods gen 1 and 2 use for controls, AirPods Pro use a squeeze of the Force Sensor that is built into the stem of each earbud. A long squeeze (Apple calls it a long press, but you really need two fingers) changes switches between noise cancellation and Transparency mode, while single, double, and triple squeezes control audio.
How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
Option 1 Force Sensor long squeeze:
- To switch between noise cancellation and Transparency mode, squeeze and hold one of the stems of your AirPods Pro earbuds until you hear a ding sound effect (you’ll feel/hear a soft click as well)
Option 2 Control Center:
- Open Control Center (swipe down from top right corner on recent iPhones, up from bottom on older ones)
- Long press on the volume slide (should be showing AirPods Pro)
- Toggle between noise cancellation, transparency, and off
Option 3 Bluetooth Settings:
- You can also access the same settings and more on your iPhone
- Head to Settings > Bluetooth > “i” next to AirPods Pro (make sure they’re connected)
- You can select Noise Control to change settings
- Below Noise Control, you can change if both AirPods Pro earbuds control noise cancellation/transparency or if one activates Siri
- You can also include “off” to be in the rotation with Noise Cancellation and Transparency when changing Noise Control with a Force Sensor squeeze
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download 4K HD videos from 100+ video sharing sites.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.