Apple’s 2018 iPhone lineup with the XS, XS Max, and XR all feature bezel-less displays with no Home button. Along the changes, functions like turning off and restarting the new iPhones have changed compared to iPhone 8, 7, and earlier. Whether you’ve just gotten a new iPhone or just haven’t needed to power off or restart your device yet, follow along for how to turn off and restart iPhone XS, XS Max, XR.
How to turn off and restart iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
1. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off screen appears
2. Drag the slider to the right to turn off your device
3. Press and hold the Side button to power it back on and complete the restart
For a look at how to force restart, enter DFU mode and more, take a look at our tutorial here.
And for more tutorials for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, check the following articles:
How to Setup your New iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max
6 Ways to Transfer Data from iPhone 5/6/7/8/X to iPhone XS
5 Quick Ways to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone XS/XS Max
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download 4K HD videos from 100+ video sharing sites.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.