Changed to a new computer and want to move the iTunes playlists to your new computer? Instead of recreating the playlist again from scratch, transferring it is quite easy and fast, especially when you have a large playlist. In this article, we share 2 easy ways to export iTunes playlists to new PC/Mac.
Method 1:Export iTunes Playlists to Computer with iTunes
In iTunes, you can easily move iTunes playlists to a new computer using the Export and Import function.
- Open iTunes on your old computer. Choose File > Library > Export Playlist.
Choose a location to save the file. You can use a USB flash drive if you have one. Finally select “XML” as the format for your exported file.
- Launch iTunes on your new computer. Click the “File” menu, select “Library” and click “Import Playlist.” Navigate to the playlist XML file you exported and click “Open” to add the playlist to the left iTunes menu.
- iTunes Store Top 10 Podcasts
- iTunes Store Top 10 Movies
- 5 Top iTunes Alternatives for Mac
- 5 Top iTunes Library Managers
Method 2: Transfer iTunes Playlists to New Computer with iTunes Match
For $24.99 a year, iTunes Match keeps your music synced across all your Apple devices and provides a web-based backup in case you lose music. You can easily transfer iTunes library and playlists to the new computer with iTunes Match.
- Run iTunes and go to iTunes store. Enter you Apple ID and password and click on Add this computer.
- After you purchased the service, it will upload your iTunes songs to iCloud. Then click on Done option.
- Now you can see an icon of iCloud in the front of every song have matched and uploaded to iCloud.
- Go to your new computer, open iTunes and sign in to your iCloud account. In the Store menu, click Turn on iTunes Match. A listing of the music in your iCloud account will download to your new iTunes library.
- Methods to Manage iOS Music after Apple Kills iTunes
- Transfer Music Playlist from iPhone 8/8 Plus/X to iTunes
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer/iTunes
- How to Transfer Podcast from iPhone to iTunes
Recommendation： One-Click Backup and Restore Mobile Phone Data
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.
You can follow Syncios on Twitter, Facebook for more tips and tricks.