When you get your shiny — or matte! — new iPhone 7, you’ll need to move all your old data to its new home. If you want to switch from iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6s, iPhone SE to the new iPhone 7, there are several ways to sync old iOS device to the new one.
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using iTunes
Here’s the deal: If you make an encrypted backup of your old iPhone using iTunes, then restore it to your new iPhone, it’ll bring most — if not all — your password information along with it. That’ll save you a lot of time and effort getting set back up.
- Back up the older iPhone with iTunes by connecting it to the Mac/PC via USB, launching iTunes, then right-click on the iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and choose Back Up
- Wait for the backup to finish, then disconnect the old iPhone from the computer
- Now turn on the new iPhone 7, and at the “Set Up iPhone” screen, select “Restore from iTunes Backup”, tap Next, then connect the new iPhone 7 to the computer
- Select the most recent backup you just made from the restore menu in iTunes, then click “Continue”.
- Wait, and when the transfer is finished the iPhone 7 will reboot itself and everything from the old iPhone 4/4s, 5/5s/5c, 6/6s or iPhone SE will be on the new one and ready to go.
Limitations: If you are not restoring to a totally new iPhone, iTunes properly will clear thing that you need while restoring.
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using iCloud
If you use Apple’s online service, iCloud, to backup your iPhone, then you can transfer all your data over wirelessly. Depending on when your last backup was, however, you might want to manually trigger a backup before making a transfer. That’ll ensure everything is as up-to-date as possible.
Turn on the WI-FI connection on your old iPhone and coonect it to power source. Then, tap on Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup to enable iCloud Backup. By default, it backs up notes, photos, bookmarks, contacts, calenars, etc. Of course you can manually set what to be backup, but make sure that notes is checked!
Now turn on your new iPhone 7, start to set up your new phone, navigate to ” Restore from iCloud Backup”, sign in your iCloud account, then choose backup.
Limitations: Apple offers only 5GB for free backup to iCloud. The restoring process might take long time it denpends on the data size and network speed.
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using thrid-party tool?
These methods above are helpful for transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone 7, but they won’t help you transfer to the non-purchased files, like CD copies, ripped videos and so on. In this method, we will show you an easier way to transfer all data from old iPhone to iPhone 7, including the non-purchased files with Syncios Data Transfer. This software is used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and computers with only one click.
Step 1: Run the iPhone to iPhone Data Transfer Tool on your PC
Launch the mobile data transfer. Connect your old iPhone and iPhone 7 to PC via USB cable. The program supports also iOS 10 and is available for macOS Sierra 10.12. To sync old iPhone to iPhone 7, click Phone to Phone Transfer.
Step 2: Transfer SMS, Contacts, Calendar, Photos, Video, Ebooks and Music from iPhone 4/5/6 to iPhone 7
The old phone will be showed on the left, and the iPhone 7 would be detected as target device on the right panel. Click “Flip” button to change the source device. Then, select items on middle checbox, including photos, music, video, contacts, bookmarks, notes, e-books, etc.
Step 3: Click on ‘Start Copy’
During synchronizing process, never disconnect either phone. After a while, the data you chose will be transferred to your new iPhone.
Syncios Data Transfer is helpful for various kinds of data transfers for iPhone 7, iPad and iPod without quality loss, and users can take advantage of the programs to backup iPhone, iPad and iPod data, restore iTunes backup to handset selectively without erasing old data.
- How to Transfer Data from Samsung Android phone to iPhone 7/7 Plus
- How to Import Music to iPhone 7/ 7 Plus
- Huawei to iPhone 7/7 Plus Transfer
- How to Backup and Restore iPhone 7/ iPhone 7 Plus Easily