Can’t install WhatsApp
In order to download the latest version of WhatsApp, you need to have a smartphone running Android version 2.3.3 or higher. You can check your phone’s current Android version in ‘Settings’ > ‘About Phone’.
If you’re trying to install the WhatsApp app from the WhatsApp website, you’ll need to have ‘Unknown Sources’ enabled in your settings. Press on ‘Settings’ > ‘Apps’ and then find your mobile browser. Enable it to install from unknown sources. Of course, this isn’t an issue if you get it from the Play Store.
WhatsApp is not working
WhatsApp connection problems are usually caused by your Wi-Fi or network data connection.
If you aren’t able to send a message, refer to the following occasions:
- Make sure your phone is switched on (one for the newbies)
- Install the latest version of the app from the Play Store (link above)
- Check your internet connection, Wi-Fi or 4G (in Settings > Wireless and Network)
- Make sure that a Task Killer app isn’t affecting WhatsApp
- Empty the app cache (Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Clear Cache)
- Finally, the most extreme solution: uninstall the app and then reinstall
WhatsApp doesn’t recognize the contacts
There are a few reasons why WhatsApp wouldn’t recognize your contacts, so here is a simple checklist to make sure it does:
- Make sure you have the correct contact numbers (the ones they use for WhatsApp).
- Make sure that they are currently using WhatsApp.
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp.
- In your contact list, make sure all of your contacts are ‘visible’ and/or ‘viewable’.
- In your contact list, make sure all of your contact groups (friends, family, co-workers, etc) are set to ‘visible’ and/or ‘viewable’
Can’t see ‘Last Seen’ on WhatsApp
If you are unable to see the Last Seen timestamp in a conversation, it could be for a number of reasons:
- If you’ve disabled your Last Seen time in Settings > Account > Privacy > Last Seen, then you won’t be able to see other people’s Last Seen times, either.
- If the problem is only with one or some contacts, then it might mean that they’ve disabled the Last Seen time in their WhatsApp settings. If they’re still receiving and responding to your messages, this is almost certainly the case.
- The final reason is that a contact has blocked you. If your messages never get past the one gray tick, then this makes it more certain that you’ve been blocked. If you can’t see changes to the contact’s profile either, then you’ve certainly been blocked.
Mobile Data Transfer——an effective solution for transferring WhatsApp Information
- Transfer almost all files, including contacts, video, SMS, photos, call logs, music, WhatsApp and other data between Android and iOS.
- Comprehensive contact copy, including job title, email addresses, company name, etc.
- Selectively transfer data between phone to phone.
- Free Trial