The iOS Mail app allows users to save various types of attachments directly to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This is a great feature that is available in the latest versions of iOS, and for most file attachment, you’ll be able to save whatever the file is directly to iCloud Drive in iOS.
Be sure you have iCloud Drive enabled and visible on the Home Screen icon of iOS if you want to save email attachments there, obviously if the feature is not enabled you would not be able to save anything there, and without iCloud you wouldn’t have access to the saved files and documents anyway.
How to Save eMail Attachments from Mail to iCloud Drive in iOS
This approach will save any email attachment from Mail in iOS directly to iCloud Drive, where it will be accessible from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the associated app, or with an app that can open files from iCloud:
1. Open Mail app and then open an email with any type of attachment (zip file, doc file, Pages file, Numbers file, txt, rtf, etc)
2. Tap and hold on the attachment icon that appears in the email body, it’s typically the name of the attachment file and shows a small icon of the attachments file type*.
3. Choose “Save Attachment” with the iCloud icon, this saves the email attachment to iCloud.
4. Choose the iCloud Drive folder destination to save the email attachment to.
Now the file has been saved from the email directly to iCloud Drive.
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
- How to backup messages from Android to computer
- How to Backup iPhone Message to Mac for Free
- How to download and save iPhone messages to PC for free
- 4 Tricks to Delete/Clear/Recover iPhone message easily
Recommend: if you would like to backup your messages on your iPhone, iPad to a Windows PC or Mac, Syncios iOS Backup and Restore tool can be a great helper.
This iOS backup and restore software enables backup and restore Android or iPhone data including contacts, text messages, videos, photos, etc in lossless quality.
Besides, you are also allowed to move or transfer your photos, music, documents, contacts, ebooks, videos and more between your Android phone and iPhone.
Simply free download this Phone to Phone data transfer tool to have a try!