Use Google Drive
WhatsApp has added automatic Google Drive backup feature in the near versions, which make it easier for us to transfer WhatsApp data between phones.
- Tap the trio of dots at the top left of the screen and click Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Here, you’re allowed to choose to backup manually or automatically as your like. When WhatsApp is reinstalled, you will receive a prompt informing you to recover your WhatsApp database from Google Drive. Then, data like the chats, contacts, attachments will appear in the app.
Manually Backup and Restore WhatsApp Data
Certainly, if you like an old-school way, you can also choose to manually create a backup file of WhatsApp data and then transfer it to a new phone.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp, tap on Chats on Settings menu, and then tap Chat backup option.
Step 2: This step will be divided into 2 types of situations:
If choose External SD card as save path: Directly switch the SD card out of your old phone and insert it to the new one.
If choose to save on the internal space: Simply connect your mobile phones to your PC via USB cable, and navigate to the internal memory of the device to the folder. A powerful file manager is better than the built-in file explorer.
- Download and install Syncios Manager free version on your computer, tap on File System section from the interface.
- In the SD Card part, find WhatsApp/Databases/the backup file with the latest date.
- Save this file to the computer at first by tapping Export button.
- Then, disconnect old phone and connect the new one, import this file the same path above. (You can manually create one.)
- Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Tap Restore.
Want to Transfer WhatsApp between iPhone and Android?
Many people are interested in this question. So how can we transfer WhatsApp from an iPhone to an Android or vice versa? Seeking for a secure 3rd party tool? Syncios WhatsApp Transfer is your best choice. Syncios WhatsApp Transfer is designed for transferring, backing up and restoring WhatsApp data, and if needed, the exported WhatsApp file could be saved a readable format like HTML and CSV. More importantly, the tool supports to do a selective restore from iTunes backup to any of the iPhone or Android device.
- Run Syncios WhatsApp Transfer on your computer. 4 modules on the interface: Backup WhatsApp, Restore WhatsApp from local backup, Restore WhatsApp from iTunes backup and Transfer WhatsApp between two devices. Select Backup WhatsApp.
- Connect your old device via USB cable. Then click Start button to begin the process. Take note of every on-screen prompt to make the process more smoothly.
- Now, back to the homepage. Enter Restore WhatsApp from local backup. And you can see a list as below. Choose one backup file and tap on Browse.
- Here you can view all details and you can singly select one or more groups of conversation to read and then restore to the new phone. Certainly, don’t forget to connect the new phone to the computer. And select the new phone as the target device when you’re going to transfer the selected items. Tap Recover to start, or tap reselect to the last step.
What is Syncios WhatsApp Transfer?
Transfer WhatsApp between iOS devices and Android.
Backup WhatsApp on iPhone/Android to a computer.
Restore WhatsApp backup to iPhone/iPad/Android.
Export WhatsApp backup to HTML and CSV files.
Preview the backup content and restore only the data you want.
You can follow Syncios on Twitter, Facebook for more tips and tricks.