Snapchat messages are designed to automatically delete after recipients have opened and read it. But sometimes you want to take back what you said or fix a weird autocorrect error before your message is read.
That’s when it’s time to manually delete your Snapchat message.
However, there are a few requirements that you’ll have to meet in order to delete a Snapchat message. For example, you can only do so if the recipient hasn’t yet seen the message – so speed is vital if you want to take back something you wrote or fix an error.
Snapchat also notes that it can’t guarantee that the deletion process will always work, since some people may have a bad internet connection or are using an old version of the app on their iPhone or Android.
How to delete Snapchat messages
Remember, you have to be quick to delete a message sent through Snapchat. Here’s how to do it on your iPhone or Android in the mobile app:
1. Open your Snapchat app and log in, if necessary.
2. Swipe from left to right to open your chats.
3. Select the conversation with the message you want to delete by tapping it.
4. Locate the message you want to delete, then tap and hold it (this will prompt a pop-up menu to appear).
5. Tap “Delete.”
6. Confirm your choice by selecting “Delete Chat” (to be clear: even though it says “delete chat,” this action won’t delete the entire conversation, just the message you’ve selected).
Tricks&Tips: A Very Efficient Way to Erase Instagram Fragment
You’ can use some ios eraser tools like PanFone iOS Eraser to delete all Instagram data or just fragments.
Step 1. Open PanFone iOS Eraser to reach mode Erase Private Fragment where can make sure that your private data stays private and away from privacy leak.
Step 2. As long as your iOS devices successfully connected to the program, you can directly click on the blue button Erase.
Step 3. Choose Snapchat and click on Erase to permanently delete them.
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.