Apple initially said the public beta would be available in July, but Apple today surprisingly released the first public beta of iOS 13 following just three weeks of developer beta testing. If you are longing to install the iOS 13 on your device, maybe now it’s a good timing. Actually, the iOS 13 public beta is hard to recommend. iOS 13 still has a lot of bugs and performance issues, especially with things like audio playback, HomePods, and AirPods. You’ll also run into incompatibility with third-party apps as developers have not yet updated iOS 13.
Here’s how to install it on your iPhone or iPod touch.
First, you’ll have to make sure that your iPhone is capable of running iOS 13. Here’s the full device list:
- iPhone XS/XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Secondly, Head to Apple’s Beta Software Program website via Safari on your iPhone:
1. If you’re already a member, click “Sign in.” If not, choose “Sign up,” enter your Apple ID information, and agree to the terms and conditions;
2. Tap the “Enroll Your Devices” link and make sure you’re on the iOS tab of the interface;
3. Apple will recommend that you perform a backup using iTunes; this is not required but it is highly-recommended;
4. Scroll to the Install Profile section of the website and choose “Download Profile”;
5. Once you authorize the download, open the Settings app on your iPhone;
6. Along the top, you should see message saying you have a profile ready to be installed; tap that and install the profile;
7. Your iPhone should now restart to complete the profile installation;
8. Once your iPhone has restarted, go to Settings > General > Software Update. You should now see the iOS 13 update ready to be installed.
Once you’ve completed the initial install of the iOS 13 public beta, you’ll receive updates over-the-air just like you would for any other iOS version.
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download 4K HD videos from 100+ video sharing sites.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.