One of the features that Samsung brought to TouchWiz on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge was the Game Launcher. I tested it out on the S7 Edge and was impressed by how much easier it could make life for gamers. One of our site’s readers contacted me asking if it would be possible to use the Game Launcher on other Samsung models. The answer is yes, and I’ll explain how to do it in this article. And no, it does not require rooting.
- Sync Android Phone to Samsung Galaxy S7
- Transfer Music from PC to Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Transfer iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
A brief explanation of the Game Launcher
The Game Launcher functions as a center for games. It automatically adds your games to a specific folder and feeds you suggestions for games you might like. However, the main draw here is the floating ‘Game Tool’ button.
The Game Tool uses some Google Play Games features, such as being able to record gameplay to share with other users. The tool is really useful for those who play a lot of games on their phone. It’s also great if you, like I do, get annoyed with capacitive keys being hit unintentionally during a match and hampering your performance.
Installing the Galaxy S7 Game Launcher on the Galaxy S6 and other variants
There are several ways of going about this, but for this tutorial, I consulted two different topics in the XDA Developers forum and tested the procedure out on a Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F), running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Again, this process does not require root.
Getting the Galaxy S7 Game Launcher running on the Galaxy S6 is not difficult and only requires the installation of three packages. It requires downloading files from APKmirror. Keep in mind that you must download applications from an unknown source, and this is done at your own risk.
Before downloading the APKs, enable ‘Unknown sources’ to allow the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings then Lock Screen. Go into Security and tap Unknown sources. Remember that after you have installed the files, you can disable this setting again by following the same pattern.
Now you need to download and install the following applications:
After you have downloaded and installed these three applications, that’s it: your Game Launcher is ready. If you have downloaded the packages but still the application is not fully functioning, try the following:
- Restart the device
- Go to Settings hit Advanced Features then go into Games and make sure that Game Launcher and Game Tools are active
- Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Game Tools > Permissions and activate them
This method should work on the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge +, Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy Note 4. The Galaxy S5 should be fine with it, as well, in theory, if the device is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Recommendation： Free Android Device Manager
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.