Some early adopters of the Galaxy S8 are complaining that their device screens have developed a reddish tint. Samsung originally pointed to the screen settings as being to blame rather than a hardware fault, and below we reveal its official advice on how to fix the Galaxy S8 red screen.
However, the company has now acknowledged there is an issue, and says a software fix will be rolling out next week.
“Because there are some complaints about the red-tinted screens, we decided to upgrade the software next week for all Galaxy S8 clients,” said a Samsung spokesperson.
- Open the Settings app on Galaxy S8
- Scroll down to and select Display
- Select Screen Mode
- Select Colour balance
- Play with the R, G, B sliders to see whether you can remove the red tint
Samsung said: “All Samsung phones undergo thorough testing to meet our high level of quality standards. The Infinity Display on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ has applied Super AMOLED and provides rich and expressive colours, enabling users to enjoy a clearer and more vivid viewing experience.
The Galaxy S8 was built with an adaptive display that optimises the colour range, saturation, and sharpness depending on the environment. If needed, users can manually adjust the colour range of the display to change the appearance of white tones.”
Read also: How to Free Download YouTube Videos to Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus?
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.
You can follow Syncios onTwitter,Facebookfor more tips and tricks.