Method 1: Use Shortcuts to Move the Wanted Ringtones
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable and open iTunes/Finder. Select your phone device.
- Navigate to the ringtone file on your computer (Windows/MacOS), then choose to “Copy” it. You can copy it by shortcut: Command+C/Ctrl+C, by right-click to choose the Copy option, or by going to the Edit menu and choosing Copy). [Note: The files you want to load should be an .m4r file. ]
- Now back to iTunes/Finder, find and tap on “Tones” option under Device.
- Now directly use “Paste” into the Tones list. You can make it by clicking Command+V/Ctrl+V, by right-click to choose the Paste option, or the Edit menu and choosing Paste)
- Then, the selected ringtone file will appear on the Tones list.
Method 2: Import Ringtones to iPhone without iTunes
Use iTunes to load ringtones to iPhone has mant limits. In that way, I will recommend a perfect but free iTunes alternative to you. That’s the Ringtone Maker on Syncios Manager. The supported formats of audio files are more than that of iTunes, you can import MP3, AAC, M4R and more types of file, then cut them into the suitbale duration as you like.
Step 1: Get the program from the above button at first!
Step 2: Run Syncios Manager free version on your computer, connect your iPhone via USB cable, and go to “Toolkit” > “Ringtone Maker”.
Step 3: Tap on “Choose” option to load a music file from computer. In the pop-up, you’re free to set the start and end of the customized ringtone. And if you want to make a SMS tone, just check the “SMS Ringtone” option to impose restrictions on the duration.
Step 4: To import the ringtone to an iPhone, choose “Save & Import” button.
Step 5: Now, unlock your iPhone screen to check the ringtone.
The way is: Setting >> Sounds >> Ringtone >> Find the file under RINGTONES.
What’s the Differences Between Free and Ultimate Version?
Manage photos, videos, music, contacts, apps and etc. between computer and phones or phone devices.
Free to download and then edit online videos from most-used websites, like YouTube, Facebook and etc.
Make Unique Ringtone for iPhone & Android devices.
One-click backup and restore toolkit supports types of phone data.
Phone-to-Phone Transfer – Transfer all files between iOS & Android devices by simple one click.
Support one-click synchronizing iTunes playlist to iDevice/Android