Have you ever met the issue ‘Camera Failed’ on your Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge, if you are look for a solution of this problem, try all of these steps in order, until one of them fixes your phone’s camera issue.
- Restart the phone.
- If restarting doesn’t work, clear the cache and data of the camera app by Settings > Applications > Application manager > Camera app. Then tap Force Stop, and go to the Storage menu, where you select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- If clearing your camera app data and cache didn’t work, the wipe your cache partition. Turn the phone off, press the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons together and hold until you see the Samsung logo pop up on the screen and the phone goes to its recovery mode. Use the Volume down button to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and then press the Power button to begin. Once you’re done, restart your phone.
- If all of that doesn’t work, the problem likely has to do with Smart Stay. Some users have reported that there seems to be a software error when the rear camera starts up, but only when this function is on, likely because Smart Stay is already using the front camera to detect when you’re looking at the screen so it stays on. Go to your phone’s display settings menu and turn off Smart Stay to fix the issue temporarily. The long term fix for this, according to Samsung, is to make sure your phone’s software is up to date, since the software issue has already been fixed in one of the updates.
- How to Transfer Music from Computer to Samsung Galaxy S7
- Transfer 4K Video from Samsung Galaxy S7 to Computer
- Transfer Photos between PC and Samsung Galaxy S7
- Sync Old Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S7 Phone Data to S8/S8 Plus
- APN settings for all Canadian and US carriers
- Transfer iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- Transfer iPad data to Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- Transfer iPod music to Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge