For some reason, Apple has made it more difficult to find the Unique Device ID (UDID) of the iPhone XR and iPhone XS. While an average joe is unlikely to be bothered by this, it will create an issue for developers who require the UDID to register their device in the Apple Developer portal.
To register a device in the Apple Developer portal, one needs to enter their iPhone’s UDID for installing beta iOS updates and testing iPhone apps. Before the iPhone XS and iPhone XR, one could use iTunes to simply get the UDID of their device. For some strange reason though, this is no longer possible with the 2018 iPhones.
While there’s a way to get the iPhone XR’s UDID, the process is not as straightforward as it should be especially on a Mac. Worry not as we are here to help you out. Just follow the steps below. As for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, you can find the steps to get its UDID easily in this guide.
How to Find UDID of iPhone XR on Mac
Step 1: Connect the iPhone to your PC. Then proceed to -> About This Mac.
Step 2: From the About This Mac window, click System Report followed by USB.
Step 3: Under the USB 3.0 Bus, you should see all the USB devices attached to your Mac including your iPhone. Click on it to reveal its properties.
Step 4: Copy the value next to the Serial Number label. Paste this value in Notes or any other note-taking app of your choice. You will then need to add a ‘-‘ after the eighth digit in the serial number.
So, if your iPhone’s serial number is 123456789ABCD, it will become something like this: 12345678-9ABCD.
You may also need to know:
- 5 Quick Ways to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone XS/XS Max
- 4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp messages to iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max
- How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone XS
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.