When will you factory reset your iPhone or iPad?
If your iPhone/iPad has started slowing down or freezing up, it might be time to have a clear out. I believe most of the iPhone users have ever performed a factory reset in order to fix some iOS bugs or just to gain a better experience. However, the biggest effect would be data loss. Important photos, messages, videos and more are all wiped out. That’s to say, before you factory reset your device, there are a couple of things you should try first. And If you’ve backed up via iTunes or iCloud, you might be relaxed now.
How to backup iPhone or iPad in advance?
As what have mentioned above, you can backup iOS devices via iCloud or iTunes. Besides, there is a more convenient method for you. With Syncios Data Transfer, to backup everything from iPhone/iPad to a windows PC or a macbook by one-click. Just as the following screenshots:
How to perform a factory reset on iPhone/iPad?
- Go to Settings > General, Reset and then tap ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option. (You’re supposed to type in your passcode to confirm.)
- On the latest version of iOS, you will always get a warning asking you to back up again. You can click ‘Back up then Erase’ to backup again or diectly click ‘Erase’ option.
- Log in your Apple ID to begin the factory reset process.
- If you have connect computer via the charging cable, you can put your device in Recovery Mode and then set it up again from iTunes backup to device without erasing data.
- Connect iPhone/iPad to computer via usb. ( If iTunes is already open on your computer, close it first.) Press and quickly release the Volume Up & Volume Down button.
- Then, press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen show up.
- iTunes will automatically recognize your iPhone is in recovery mode. Therefore, when you see ‘Update’ and ‘Restore’ option. Tap ‘Restore’ option to find back the original settings.
Can we recover iPhone/iPad data without backup?
What to do if we haven’t backed up phone data via iTunes or iCloud? Can we find the data back? The answer is that we can successfully find lost data on iOS device back with Syncios Data Recovery. It supports three recovery modes: Recover from iOS device, iTunes Backup and iCloud Backup.
Step 1: Install and launch Syncios Data Recovery and connect your iPhone 11 to the computer.
（If you encounter any iOS device detection problem, click here >>）
Step 2: In the main interface, you will find three different modes. Tap ‘Recover from iOS Device’ option (default option). Click ‘Start’ option to the next page. And you will see types of data that you’re allowed to recover. Check target ones and click ‘Next’ option to analyze your iDevice.
Step 3: After scanning done, the found data are categorized in three types: Photos & Videos, Messages & Call logs, Memos & Others. Now you’re allowed to click on each tab to switch and preview the found data. You can choose to ‘Only display the deleted items’ which will save your time and you can recover deleted data without overwritten.
- 3 recovery modes to retrieve data from your iDevice, iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Recover photos, messages, contacts, as well as App data like WhatsApp conversations, iPhoto, Instagram etc.
- Preview what you’ve found before performing recovery.
- You can choose to extract found data to PC or put them back to device.
- Fully compatible with iOS 13