The physical Home button on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus have been replaced with a capacitive home button with a new generation Taptic Engine.
The taptic engine now provides feedback depending on the task you are doing and how you press down the button. Due to this, the method used to put your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into DFU mode differs than its predecessor.
In this tutorial, we are going to show how you can enter DFU mode on the new flagship iPhone models.
Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
Step 1: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
Step 2: Plug in your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to your computer via a lightning USB cable.
Step 3: Next, turn off your iPhone.
Step 4: Now press and hold down the Lock button on the right side of your iPhone for 3 seconds.
Step 5: At the same time, press and hold the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone while still holding the Lock button. Keep holding both the buttons for 10 seconds.
Step 6: If you see the Apple logo on your screen, then you have to start all over again as you held the buttons for too long. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
Step 7: Then release the Lock button but keep holding down the volume down button for another 5 seconds. If you see the “Plug into iTunes” screen, then you have held it for too long and have to start all over again.
Step 8: If the screen remains black, then it means you have entered DFU mode successfully!
Congrats! iTunes should now display a message that it has detected your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and will allow it to be restored.
You may also want to read:
- 5 Ways to Import Music to iPhone XS
- 3 Ways to Download and Import Streaming Music to iPhone XS/iPhone XS Max
- 7 Ways to Restore iTunes / iCloud Backup to iPhone XS/iPhone XS Max/iPhone XR
- How to Make iPhone XS/XS Max Ringtones without iTunes
- 5 Quick Ways to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone XS/XS Max
- 4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp messages to iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.