For many iOS users, iCloud is one of the best choices for them to store their photos. And if what you own is a windows computer, do you wonder how to download iCloud photos to your computer? Read this article to find two methods:
Method 1: Using Desktop App—iCloud
- Install and open iCloud for windows.
- Sign in to your Apple account with your email and password. Once completed, press ‘Sign In’ option to continue.
- Enable iCloud Photo Sharing to access all your photos stored on the cloud. In order to do this, click on ‘Options’ under the Photos section.
- A new pop-up window to show you the options for setting up iCloud on your PC. Simply check the box next to iCloud Photo Library and click on ‘Done’.
- Next, you’ll notice that iCloud Photo Sharing is now enabled on your PC. Click ‘Apply’ to confirm your settings.
- Now, type “iCloud Photos” in the search bar and click on it and the operation will take you to the iCloud Photos section within “My Computer” in Windows.
- Here, click on the “Download photos and videos” option located just above the left pane.
- You will see several options in a pop-up window, which shows the total count of photos saved on the cloud and all of them are classified by year. So, you can only check certain year that you want and click ‘Download’.
Method 2: Using free third party tool—Syncios MobiTrans Free
If you think Method 1 is too cumbersome to handle, you can take useful third party program for help. Syncios MobiTrans Free is the best choice among them.
Step 1: Download, install and launch Syncios MobiTrans Free.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer. Any iOS detection problem, click here>>
Step 3: Go to ‘Photos’ module, you can see your iPhone photos are divided into several types.
Step 4: Press ‘Photo Stream’ tab, select photos and click on ‘Export’ option to download photos from iCloud Photo Stream to Windows computer.
What is Syncios MobiTrans Free?
- Transfer more than 12 types of data between Windows computer & device: Music, videos, photos(including iCloud photos), apps, call logs, contacts, messages and more.
- Data backup and retrieve in lossless quality at any time.
- Import and export music, video, photo between phone and windows.
- Fully compatible with latest iOS and Android OS.
- Use your device as an external USB Key for extra convenient storage.
You can follow Syncios on Twitter, Facebook for more tips and tricks.