Spotify users may be wondering how to download a single song from Spotify. Maybe you just want to download a single song off a particular album, or perhaps you want to download an individual song from a playlist, or just download one song from anywhere else on Spotify. Even if you have Spotify premium, you may have noticed there’s not an obvious mechanism to download a single song from Spotify the way it is easy to download an entire album, but nonetheless downloading one song can be done if you know how, as we’ll demonstrate here.
How to Download a Single Song from Spotify
- Open the Spotify app and search for the song you want to download
- Tap on the little dots button “…” next to the song name
- Choose “Add to playlist” from the menu
- Select “New Playlist” to create a new playlist, naming it whatever you want
- Click on the “Download” button in the playlist to download the single song in the playlist
- Repeat with other songs to download them individually
You may wish to change the Spotify downloaded music quality to be higher if you want the best sounding music on your device, but do be aware that higher quality audio files are larger so therefore they’ll take more storage on your device and also will consume more of the bandwidth of your data plan.
Whether you stream individual songs or download individual songs on Spotify, Spotify will create a cache of music that is stored on your device so that music can be played when the device is not in range of an Internet connection. That’s generally a good thing, but if you’re tight on storage space you may want to delete the Spotify cache on iPhone or iPad (and likely the same on Android too) to clear up some space on the device.
The aforementioned approach to clearing Spotify cache will also delete the individual song(s) you downloaded, but you can also directly delete the downloaded song by choosing it from the playlist and then selecting to “Remove from Playlist”.
If you have stored so many sons on your iPhone, iPad and Android, you can use PanFone Data Transfer to copy them to your PC so as to free up space of phone.
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.
You can follow Syncios onTwitter,Facebookfor more tips and tricks.