Despite all the warnings from Apple, you ended up installing iOS 13 beta on your iPhone? Or took the new iPadOS 13 for a spin on your iPad? While the new features are nice to play with, there are simply too many bugs in iOS 13 that it cannot be used on one’s daily driver. If you are done playing around with iOS 13 beta on your iPhone and are now looking to downgrade it back to iOS 12.3, follow this guide.
The process of downgrading your iPhone to iOS 12.3.1 is as tedious as the process of installing iOS 13 beta on it. The overall process remains largely the same, though you have to keep a few things in mind.
● You will not be able to restore your iOS 13 iCloud or iTunes backup. After downgrading, the last backup you will be able to restore would be the one taken on iOS 12.3.1 or an older version of the OS. So, make sure to backup your important data before proceeding with the downgrade process.
● The process will take a fair bit of time, so ensure you have both: time in your hand and at least 70 percent charge on your iPhone.
How to Downgrade from iOS 13 Beta to iOS 12.3.1
Step 1: Download the iOS 12.3.1 IPSW file for your iPhone from here. Use a download manager or Firefox/Chrome to download the file on your Mac.
Step 2: Disable Find my iPhone on your iPhone by going to Settings ->
Older iPhone owners need to follow the steps mentioned below:
● Plug your device into your computer.
● Turn off your device by holding the Power button and then sliding to power off.
● Next, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
● Then begin holding the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds.
● Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunes that it has detected your device is in Recovery mode. If you don’t see the popup, try the process of holding the buttons again.
● Click on the Ok button.
Step 4: Hold the Alt/Option key on your Mac and click the Restore iPhone… option.
Step 5: Point the window that opens to the iOS 12.3.1 IPSW file you downloaded in Step 1 on your Mac.
Step 6: Click on the Restore and Update button to continue, and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
Step 7: iTunes will verify the package and start the installation process. Your iPhone will reboot during the process. After the downgrade process is complete, your iPhone will boot into iOS 12.3.1.
You will have to go through the initial setup process during which you will get the option to restore your device or set it up as new.
You may also need to know:
- How to Make Ringtones in iOS 12 iPhone/iPad without iTunes
- 5 Methods to Backup and Restore iOS Devices
- On WhatsApp Messages Transferring between Phones – Specific Tutorial
- How to Make iPhone XS/XS Max Ringtones without iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.