Apple is more concern about their iOS security. To prevent jailbreaking and tweaking, they have stopped signing 6.1.4 and further older 6.13 after introducing iOS 7.1. Actually those iDevices can’t downgrade iOS 7.1 to 6.1.3 which can capable to run 7.0, 7.0.4, 7.1. Now there are no luck for you, if you have iPhone 5S, 5C and or any iDevice which runs on iOS 7.1 or further new release in this series.
But, there is some interesting news for iPhone 4 users, who have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3. The news is, if you have iPhone 4 and if you have saved SHSH blobs, you can still able to Downgrade iOS 7, 7.0.4, 7.1 to 6.1.3 or older firmware with the help of iFaith.
We were getting a bunch of request to publish the solution or fix to downgrade iOS 7 to 6.1.3, so we put hands on couple of device that run on iOS 7.1 and as always there is no luck for us too, but when we tried iPhone 4 to downgrade for some devices that have SHSH blobs backup, those iDevices can still downgrade.
Downgrade iOS 7, 7.0.4, 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3
So, here is what you wanted to get back your favorite jailbroken iOS 6.1.3 once again step by step. But, there is a few instructions which you need to understand and follow. I have mention all of them below.
Compatible iDevices: Only iPhone 4 users can downgrade iOS 7, if they have saved 6.1.3′s SHSH blobs. This is clear that iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 4S users can’t downgrade whether they have 6.1.3 blobs or not, because they are fully capable to run iOS 7, 7.0.4 and 7.1. And we would like to recommend you that please take a backup, before starting downgrading procedure and full charge your iPhone battery.
One more thing; iFaith only available for Windows operating systems, so if you have Mac OS, then avoid downgrading on Mac OS and install iFaith on Windows operating system. Detailed steps provided below…
1. iFaith works only Windows operating system, So, Download iFaith v1.5.9 using your Windows PC.
2. You will need to have iOS 6.1.3 firmware, so download it. Google for it. You will easily find 6.1.3 firmware on the web.
3. Downgrading is possible only with iTunes 11, if you have new version such as iTunes 11.1 or 11.0.5 then uninstall it, download and install iTunes 11.
4. Connect your iPhone 4 with windows PC. Make sure that you have fully charged your iPhone 4 battery before starting downgrading procedure. Downgrade process may consume a lot of battery power, so, its advisable to have fully charged battery.
5. Now launch iFaith application from your windows. iFaith application interface will be open. Click on OK button to proceed to the next step.
6. There will be four options in this window. Choose “Show Available SHSH Caches on Server” option.
7. iFaith will ask you whether you want to use newly connected device (That’s your iPhone 4)? Hit “Yes” and continue to the next step.
8. This window will show you three option line by line. Choose third option “Show list of available SHSH blobs on TSS server(s)”. In the next screen, iFaith will show you all the available iPhone 4 SHSH blobs on server to download.
Note: This is very important step to downgrade your iOS 7.1 to 6.1.3 successfully. So, choose correct 6.1.3 SHSH blobs correctly.
9. Select 6.1.3 blob from Cydia only and press “Download selected blob(s)” option. It will ask to save it. Choose desktop and press OK. iFaith will show you the estimated time, when it will finish downloading iOS 6.1.3 SHSH blob from Cydia. Press OK. Then, It will again ask you to choose newly connected device? Press “No”. iFaith will be exit.
10. Now again open iFaith application and press OK. This time, again it will show you four options, choose first option “Build signed IPSW w/ blobs”. In the next screen, it will ask you to browse iOS 6.1.3 blobs from your computer. Browse it and press OK. iFaith will inform you that your apticket is valid, hit OK.
11. iFaith again ask you to browse iOS 6.1.3 IPSW. If you have downloaded it earlier, browse and submit or press download it first.
12. iFaith verify the IPSW and if it is the correct file, it will ask you to Build IPSW. Press on it.
Note: iFaith will build custom IPSW file using your firmware and iOS 6.1.3 blobs that you have selected in above procedure. When it finished building IPSW file, a inform message will come up, click OK and continue.
13. Put your iPhone 4 into DFU mode. (I think you know what is DFU mode)
14. Open iTunes that you have installed in earlier steps. It will be open in “Recovery Mode” Click on OK to continue.
15. Now hold down “Shift Key” and Click on Restore iPhone button from pane. Browse Custom IPSW that you have build using iFaith iH8snOw tool.
16. iTunes will now restore your iPhone 4 using that custom IPSW file. Remember one thing that don’t disconnect your iPhone 4 from iTunes during the restore procedure.
17. Once iOS 7 downgrading and iOS 6.1.3 restore will be finish, follow on screen instruction to set up your iPhone.
Note: Congratulations! You have successfully downgraded your iPhone 4 from iOS 7.1 to iOS 6.1.3.
Recommend: You can also use Syncios to free backup old iPhone and transfer to new iPhone 6. You can also download and install apps into iPad/iPod/iPhone. There are Huge and growing collection of free games, apps, wallpapers, ringtones for iOS devices. Just simply download and have a try.
You can follow Syncios on Twitter, Facebook for more tips and tricks.