Social media can be a fun distraction, but it also has many downsides. Multiple studies claim it can negatively affect your mental well-being or create addictive-like responses to likes, shares, etc. in your brain. Privacy concerns and scandals around social networks are a common occurrence too. So if you have decided to kick the Instagram habit for good, we’re here to help. Follow our guide to learn how to temporarily disable or permanently delete your account.
Whatever your reasons for leaving Instagram, you can deactivate your account and leave it all behind you. We offer you two solutions for this: temporary deactivation and permanent deletion. As the names might suggest, the first solution allows you to ‘pause’ your account: none of your data will be deleted – information (photos, for example) will be hidden from other users until you reactivate your account. The second one – a more extreme solution, allows you to delete your account for good: everything that you have shared, as well as your account/profile, will be deleted.
Neither procedure can be performed directly through the app. You need to either log into your account on desktop or use a mobile browser on your phone or tablet.
Keep what’s important and forget the rest
If you are an active Instagram user, you probably have some photos, videos or comments with sentimental value on your account. Before uninstalling the app or deleting your account, back up or save your important data.
How do I (temporarily) disable my account?
1. Go to Instagram’s website and sign in.
2. Click on your profile at the top right of the screen, then click on “Edit Profile”
3. Click on “Temporarily disable my account” at the bottom right of the screen.
4. Explain why you want to leave the application
5. Enter your password again, then click on “Temporarily disable my account”
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account?
1. Go to Instagram’s “Delete your account” page.
2. Log in using your ID and password (if you’re not already logged in)
3. Choose your reason for deleting the account.
4. Enter your password again, then click on “Permanently delete my account”
You may also want to know:
- How to remove DRM from Apple Music files and saved on your iPhone/iPad/iPod for offline listening
- How to add bubble and screen effects in iMessage
- How to put iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max into DFU mode
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.