Apple Music offers a mishmash of features and capabilities. Some are easy to find, such as Beats 1 Radio. While others, such as creating and sharing a playlist are a bit hidden.
Creating a playlist is actually a simple process once you grasp the gist of how it all works. So how does it work? I’m glad you asked.
- After updating your iOS device to iOS 8.4, launch the new Music app. Along the bottom you’ll find some new buttons, one of which is My Music; tap on it.
- Tap on the Playlist button found at the top of the screen.
- Wading through the recently added songs and albums, along with other playlists you currently have, is a very small New button. Tapping on it does exactly what you think it’d do.
- Give your playlist a name, add some songs, and a photo if you’d like. When you select a category to search, you’re given the option to search content available in Apple Music or music you own. If you want, you can skip adding a photo and let Music create a playlist icon for you based on the songs in the playlist.
- Once you’ve added a song to the playlist, a Shared Playlist button will appear. This option defaults to On, meaning you can send a link for others to add the playlist to their Apple Music account. Slide it to the Off position if you’d rather keep it private.
Recommend: if you would like to import your favorite songs from your computer to your iPhone/iPod/iPad and manage the playlist easily, this Free SynciOS iPad/iPhone/iPod Manager should be what you need. Just doanload and have a try.