Although they are S-cycle devices, Apple’s new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus come with a number of brand new features, one of these new features is called Live Photos and allows the user to capture short videos attached to each photo.
Unfortunately, you cannot view Live Photos on other platforms than Apple’s iOS 9, watchOS 2, and OS El Capitan. Enter Live GIF, an iOS app that can convert Live Photos into GIFs or videos, file formats that can be shared with people who are not on Apple’s current-generation operating systems.
But now, we are going to go over how to convert a Live Photo into your own internet ready GIF.
How to convert Live Photos into a GIF on your iPhone 6s
All Live Photos are a combination JPEG and MOV file. Your camera records 1.5 seconds before and after you take a picture, creating a mini-video that Apple has dubbed, Live Photos. Naturally, folks want to share these animated images through non-iPhone related channels, like Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. But, the process for creating a GIF from a Live Photo is simple enough.
Converting Live Photos on your computer
- Plug-in your device using the USB cable that it came with.
- Open Image Capture if you are on a Mac. For Windows users, try using Photos.
- Find the Live Photo that you want. You will see a JPEG and a MOV file taken at the exact same time. Select the MOV file and save it to your Desktop for easy access.
- Open your GIF making program (GIF Brewery is a popular choice) or use an online site like MakeaGIF.
- For MakeaGIF, drag the MOV file from your desktop into the upload section.
- After it finishes uploading, you’ll need to set the content level (18+ or Everyone) and then you can download or share your newly created GIF.
Turning a Live Photo into a GIF without a computer
There are plenty of GIF making apps in the App Store, but most of these only turn still photos into animated GIFs. I know that developers will offer a solid option to turn Live Photos in animated GIFs directly from your iPhone soon enough.
How to transfer data from Moto Nexus 6 to iPhone 6/Plus
How to Transfer Android Bookmarks to iPhone
How to download and play 4K video on iPhone 6S/6S Plus
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.
You can follow Syncios onTwitter,Facebookfor more tips and tricks.