Whatsapp has become most popular messaging app in today’s world.Every messaging solution has the backup and restore option so Whatsapp does too. If you feel your messages, videos and files are important then you must have to take Whatsapp backup. It might require for future reference or you may want it on your another new Android smart phone.
Here is the tutorial showed how to backup and restore Whatsapp messages on Android device:
If you got an iOS device, please see – How To Backup And Restore WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
Whatsapp Conversations messages backup:-
- Access your Android Smartphone and open Whatsapp messenger, then press the Menu key and tap the settings. Shown in the below image.
- Next, tap the Chat Settings to open the settings menu – see image below.
- On the opening screen you will see the option called Backup Conversation. Just select that option, it will back up your Whatsapp messages.
That’s it, now your Whatsapp messages have been backed up.
How to Restore Backup on Same Device/Smartphone:-
- If Whatsapp messenger deleted from your device accidently or you deleted it for some reason, then your data will be lost. If you have any recent backup copy, then no worry, you can resort that backup on the same device and get data till the last backed up date. Download a Whatsapp from Google Play store and install on your Smartphone.
- Now Open Whatsapp messenger, the Welcome screen will appear just click on I Agree and Continue.
- Enter your mobile number for complete the verification process. On the nextpopup screen appear asking you that make you want to Restore your Whatsapp message just tap to restore. Below image is shown the process of restoring messages. That’s it your backup messages are successfully restored.
- How to Backup and Restore Android Device
- How to transfer data from old Android phone to a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
- How to Backup and Restore Everything on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Recommend: if you would like to backup or restore anything on your Android phone or tablet, you can try this perfect one click Android Manager tool, backup and restore everything, including Messages, Contacts, Videos, Photos, Call logs, ebooks and more. Simply download and have a try.