Have you come across a problem when your iMessages not working on iPad? We can agree without a doubt that it’s super annoying when your iPad fails to send a message. Although just like other apps that we have on our device, we can encounter certain issues with iMessages, which are normal, but not exactly when it keeps happening all the time. It would be really something to worry about if you, all of a sudden are not receiving messages on iPad and can’t figure out why.
Well you don’t have to worry about it anymore; in this article we are going to discuss all the things that can cause this problem and all the possible solutions we can have against these issues.
Problem 1: iPad not Sending/Receiving Text Messages
iMessage is a service that Apple users can use to exchange messages with fellow Mac, iPhone and iPad users as long as you have a good internet connection. Messages sent through iMessage are shown in a blue bubble while regular text messages appear as a green bubble.
But somehow if your iPad ipad message not delivered/received as usual, it can be quiet a problem. Some helpful solutions are given below.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Usually it is because you aren’t connected to the internet. iMessage can only be sent/received when your iPad is connected to the Wi-Fi or personal hotspot. Sometimes you may accidentally hit your Airplane mode option and be bamboozled as to why you can’t get any messages, or your internet connection might be down. If you notice this problem, you can simply fix it by reconnecting Wi-Fi or disabling Airplane mode on the control center.
2. Make Sure You’ve Activated iMessages
Before you can start using iMessage on iPad, you need to set it up in Settings. Process to activate iMessages is given below:
- Launch Settings from your home screen.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the iMessage On/Off switch. The switch will be green when it’s been turned on.
3. Restart your iPad
It is likely that you are facing this issue because of some application that might be taking up most of the RAM, making other processes harder to run.
Simply restarting your iPad by holding the power button and drag the slider will fix this issue because it will turn off all of the processes that run in the background.
4. Sign out of Apple ID and Sign in Back Again
Your iMessage works with the Apple ID you are using at the device. Usually if your iPad is not receiving text messages it is because either you ID has been signed out or hasn’t been synced properly, probably because of connectivity issues.
As a solution to this issue you would have to sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app in iOS and head to your name.
- Scroll down and find Sign Out option.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Decide whether to keep a copy of your data or delete them.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm.
- After that, wait for a while and sign back in with the same Apple ID by entering your email and password.
- Fix iPhone Not Ringing Incoming Calls & Text Messages
- How to recover iphone messages
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages to iPhone
- How to Recover Deleted WeChat Messages On iPhone
Problem 2: Error Occurred When Activate iMessage
To use iMessage on your device you need to activate it on your iPad. Sometimes, you can come across an error message during activation process, for example:
- An error occurred during activation
- Waiting for activation
- Activation unsuccessful
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection
If you see the error message during activation, here are a few solutions you can follow:
1. Check Time Zone Settings
The first solution that you can try to fix an iMessage activation error is checking the time zone settings. There are certain cases where users have incorrect time and due to which the activation fails. To manage your time zones, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings app.
- Tap General > Date & Time
- Make sure your time zone is set correctly
2. Wait for 1 Day
Sometimes, it takes almost 24 hours for the activation process to fully complete. If you are facing errors initially, give the activation process a day and see if it completes successfully, if not, follow the other steps.
- How to add bubble and screen effects in iMessage
- How to retrieve deleted messages on your boyfriend’s iPhone
- How to Print out iPhone Text Messages for Court Case
- How to Backup and Restore iPhone 7 Contacts and Messages Easily
Problem 3: iPad Messages out of Order
If you note that your iMessages are out of order in the inbox, we’ve got some easy fixes for you, give them a look below:
1. Force Restart iPad
- Hold down the Home button as well as the power button.
- Keep holding until the Apple logo appears.
- Let go of the buttons and wait while your device boots up.
2. Turn off iMessage and Back on
- Launch Settings from your iPad.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the slider next to iMessage to turn it off.
- Tap it again to turn it back on.
3. Reset All Settings
If you are not able to fix the issue of iPad messages out of order following the above solutions, then you need to reset the settings to factory default. This will not cause data loss. Now follow the steps to reset your iPad.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings.
- Enter the passcode and confirm your decision again to reset.
Recommendation： One-Click Backup and Restore Mobile Phone Data
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.