In a move which could help to tackle online harassment and cyberbullying, Facebook may soon let users block certain words or phrases from appearing in their timelines. According to reports, the feature would also allow you to block certain emojis from appearing. Fancy ridding your timeline of Trump mentions?
The news comes courtesy of Jane Wong in Hong Kong on Twitter. A screenshot shows the in-development feature and how it works. Wong said: “Facebook is working on letting users to ban words/phrases/emojis from showing up on their personal timelines.”
- 3 Ways to Free Download Christmas Music to iPhone 6/7/8/X/XS/XR
- Best 4 Ways to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR
The image shows a tab on the right-hand side of the screen which allows users to add words or phrases to be banned from comments in your timeline. The examples given are ‘can I get verified’ and ‘Facebook Gold’. Comments that have been filtered out would still appear for the user that posted them, but would not show up on the timelines of those intended to receive them. This would allow potential harassers to believe that their comment has been posted, reducing the likelihood that they would attempt to circumvent moderation.
The implications could be significant for cleaning up your timeline and ridding it of unwanted political debate, swear words or offensive content. Can you imagine blocking all mentions of Trump? Or how about filtering out the endless debate about Brexit? It sounds like bliss, doesn’t it?
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.