Apple released iOS 8.4 this morning, bringing enhancements and fixes to the mobile OS and the launch of Apple’s new music-streaming service, Apple Music. You can update now by going to Software Update and starting the download on your iOS devices.
We already know that iOS 9 is coming this fall, so this release from Apple is about getting Apple Music out to the masses, along with new enhancements in iBooks and several other tweaks that should make iOS run more smoothly.
The big news for iOS 8.4 is undoubtedly the launch of Apple Music, Apple’s new streaming service that lets you listen to music from any genre, or a live global radio stream via Beats 1. It also has a social component that lets everyone from famous artists to everyday musicians share their music and thoughts with other people on the service.
Here is the full features and fixes list from Apple for iOS 8.4:
- Become an Apple Music member to play millions of songs from the Apple music catalog, or keep them offline for playback later.
- For You: Members can see playlist and album recommendations, handpicked by music experts.
- New: Members can find the latest, greatest new music available — direct from Apple Music’s editors.
- Radio: Tune in to music, interviews and exclusive radio shows on Beats 1, play radio stations created by Apple Music editors or create your own from any artist or song.
- Connect: See shared thoughts, photos, music and videos from artists you follow, then join the conversation.
- My Music: Play all of your iTunes purchases, songs from Apple Music, and playlists in one place.*
- Completely redesigned music player that includes new features such as Recently Added, MiniPlayer, Up Next, and more.
- iTunes Store: Still the best place to buy your favorite music — one song or album at a time.
- Availability and features may vary by country.
iBooks improvements and fixes:
- Browse, listen and download audiobooks from inside iBooks.
- Enjoy the all-new Now Playing feature, designed specifically for audiobooks.
- Books that are Made for iBooks now work on the iPhone in addition to the iPad.
- Find and pre-order books in a series right from your library.
- Improves accessibility of widgets, glossary and navigation in books made with iBooks Author.
- New default Chinese font.
- New setting to turn off Auto-Night theme in your library.
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented Hide Purchases from working.
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented downloading books from iCloud.
Other improvements and bug fixes:
- Fixes an issue where receiving a specific series of Unicode characters causes device to reboot.
- Fixes an issue that prevented GPS accessories from providing location data.
- Fixes an issue where deleted Apple Watch apps could re-install.
For more information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Recommend: if you would like to contacts from old Android Phone to new iPhone, you can try this perfect one click data transfer tool, migrate everything, including SMS, Contacts, Videos, Photos, Call logs and more from phone to phone. Simply download and have a try.