iOS’ Auto App Updates has been around for since iOS 7 and it sure is a blessing for users with tons of apps and want to keep them all updated without lifting a finger. However, leaving Auto App Update enabled can lead to several issues like battery and data drain. There is also the issue that some updates can break or slow down the app. In this case, many would rather disable Auto App Update in iOS and manually update the apps themselves. Here’s a quick guide on how to disable or enable this feature.
How to Enable / Disable Auto App Update in iOS 9 on iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll a little bit down and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Below your Apple ID and password settings, you should see the label AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
- From here, you can toggle four options which are Music, Apps, Books, and Updates. To turn off Auto App Update, toggle the Updates option to off. Toggle it on if you want to enable (Auto App Update is enabled by default).
- Alternatively, you can also manage other options based on your preference.
On the same page, you can also find the Use Cellular Data option. Disabling this will ensure that the App Store will only utilize a WiFi connection when downloading updates for you app. Disabling Auto App Update will turn off automatic updates for all your apps. It’s too bad that you can’t automatically update your favorite apps – it’s use it or lose it. Hopefully, Apple will release such a feature in the future.
- 3 Ways to Access iCloud Backup Files
- How to Free up iCloud Storage
- 3 Ways to Restore iPhone Without Turning Off ‘Find My iPhone’
- Locked out of iPhone 6/6s and forgot pin code
Recommendation: One-Click Mobile Data Transfer
– Simple yet effective solution for transferring content between Android and iOS
- Transfer contents include contacts, messages, call logs, music, photos, videos, apps, notes, bookmarks, ebooks and more.
- One-Click backup Android & iOS phone data and restore in lossless quality.
- Sync contents from iTunes Library to PC and iDevices /Android .
- Multiple OS supported: data shift between multiple phones run Android and iOS.
- Multiple brand phones supported: Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony, MOTOROLA, LG, HUAWEI, ZTE and more.
- Learn More>>