Millions of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users have been readily updating their firmware to the all-new iOS 7 since it first arrived on September 18th, but much like iOS 6 on the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 4 struggles to offer the smooth, streamlined experience demanded by iOS 7. For the most part, it’s not particularly problematic, but if you’re rocking 2010′s flagship and would like to revert back to iOS 6, there may be a reprieve around the corner.
You need to have SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3 (which you can grab from TSS Servers through iFaith). Thismethod works only for iPhone 4 and you need a Windows machine for the process. Also, you cannot use an iOS 7 backup to restore. Read on.
Apple often prevents users from downgrading to older versions of iOS once a new version launches. This crazy thing happened with iOS 6 and iOS 5 and Apple’s repeating the same thing with iOS 7. In fact, this time around, it’s doing it with great vigor. Which explains why this method works only foriPhone 4.
In Order to Downgrade iPhone 4 from iOS 7.x to iOS 6.1.3 Using iFaith You’ll Need
- iFaith (Download)
- Of course, The iPhone 4
- A computer that runs Windows
- Older iTunes. (11.0 and older)
- iOS 6.1.3 IPSW file
Let’s Start with Downgrading iOS 7.x to iOS 6.1.3
A: Getting The Blob
- Connect your iPhone 4 to the computer. If iTunes fires up automatically, close it.
- Open iFaith and click OK
- Click YES when it asks you if you want to use your newly connected device
- Out of the 3 options shown, select ‘Show a list of available SHSH Blobs on TSS Server(s)’
- After a few moments (during which the blobs will be fetched), you will be shown this screen: Select the 6.1.3 blob from [Cydia] or [iFaith]
- Click ‘Download selected blob(s)’ and a prompt for a location to save the blob appears. Select one and click Ok. A dialog box pops up when the download is complete.
B: Preparing the IPSW
- Click on Browse for SHSH blobs’ and select the blob you just downloaded.
- Click OK to continue a message appears saying that the apticket looks valid.
- Now, click on Browse for an IPSW. Choose the iOS 6.1.3 file.
- This new IPSW file will be saved on your computer. Note the name of the file. This is the file we’ll be using to downgrade.
C: The PWNED DFU Mode
You will now have to go into Pwned DFU mode to trick iTunes and install IPSW file on your iPhone 4. Here’s how to do that:
- With iFaith running and iPhone connected, switch off your iPhone 4.
- Put iPhone 4 in DFU mode (power+home button for a few seconds, release power and hold home button for 10-15 seconds)
- Open iTunes. Click on the device name (from the sidebar or on top-right).
- Hold down ‘Shift’ and click on Restore.
- Select the IPSW file that iFaith produced in the previous section.
- Once iTunes completes the restore, your iPhone 4 should be running iOS 6.1.3.
If you would like to transfer data from Android to PC or from Phone to Phone, you can just simply have a try our SynciOS Data Transfer, which provides effective solution for transferring content between Android and iOS. Just simply download and have a try.