Some users’ iPhone consume battery too quickly or facing some other trouble after upgrading to iOS 10, which makes them feel frustrated. It’s highly recommended to stick to an older version of iOS until a newer and stabler one is released. So if you are one of them who are looking for a method to downgrade to iOS version to previous iOS 9, you can simply follow this article.
Before downgrading you iOS version, the most important thing is that you must have a backup available, since if you don’t, you may lost all your data and settings on your idevice. You can simply backup your idevice via iCloud and iTune, also you can check here to find easier and more seamless way.
How To Downgrade iOS 10 To iOS 9
1. Backup your iPhone or iPad.
2. Find the compatible version of your idevice, then download the iOS 9.3.5 IPSW file for your idevice and place it somewhere easy to find.
3. Open iTunes (Latest version), and connect the device you wish to downgrade to iTunes using a USB cable.
4. On the left panel of iTunes, select your idevice, then:
- For Mac: OPTION + click the “Restore” button
- For Windows: SHIFT + click the “Restore” button
5.Choose the iOS 9.3.5 IPSW file downloaded to restore.
After the above steps down and wait for a while, unlock your idevice when a pop-up windows prompt you. And your idevice will be downgraded to iOS 9.3.5 successfully. Of course, you can update to the latest iOS version whenever you want.