You can now delete defaults apps from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 10. Yes this means you can delete Mail, delete Music, Stocks, Maps, Calendar, Watch, iTunes Store, Compass, Reminders, Videos, iBooks, Podcasts, Find Friends, Watch, Tips, Voice Memos, News, Activity, and any other of the pre bundled default iOS apps that arrive on iPhone and iPad, all of them can be removed easily.
Any default app that has been removed can be reinstalled at any time, so if you decide it was a mistake to delete a specific app it’s easy to get back again. You’ll find that deleting a default app is basically the same as uninstalling other apps on the iPhone and iPad, except that up until now you could not delete the default apps, they were simply not removable.
How to Delete Default Apps on iPhone, iPad
- Locate the default app you want to delete from the iPhone or iPad
- Tap and hold on the app icon to cause them to jiggle and make the (X) delete button appear, tap on that (X) to delete the default app
- Confirm that you want to delete the app by choosing “Remove”
- Repeat with other default apps you want to delete in iOS
Deleted default apps will disappear from the devices Home Screen and remain inaccessible to the device unless they are reinstalled again. Note that some default apps can not be removed from iOS. Some of the undeletable apps include Settings, Messages, Phone, Safari, Clock, Photos, Health, App Store, and Camera. If you don’t want those apps, you’ll need to hide them in a folder or on another home screen.
Even after a stock app has been deleted from the iPhone or iPad, they can be reinstalled again at anytime by going through the App Store, searching for the app in question, and choosing to re-download it again.
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.