Speaking of a watch, it has always had one main and traditional job: convey information quickly and reliably to its wearer. Over the years, various incarnations of wrist watches have provided at-a-glance information to their wearers.
Apple’s Watch does a good job in conveying information, but with a twist: communication, it’s even cooler than the gadgets we dreamed about as a kid. Text messages are an important means of communication among our friends, family, business partner, and with which, we even send and receive messages without iPhone.
Let’s take a look at how to reply and send a text on the Apple Watch.
How to reply (respond) to a text on Apple Watch
With Messages on Apple Watch, you will get an notification when you receive a new iMessage or text message. To read the messages, just raise your wrist. You can also view and respond to text messages directly from the Messages app.
- Press the Digital Crown to go to the Home screen on Apple Watch
- Open the Messages App.
- Select the message you wish to read.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll to the bottom of the message.
- Tap “Reply.”
- Use the Default Replies, Emoji, or Dictate Text to send the message.
By default, Messages on your Apple Watch will allow you choose between sending your message as a bit of audio or as text each time you compose a new message.
While in the Messages preferences, tap Default Replies to reveal the list:
- What’s up?
- I’m on my way
- Sorry, I can’t talk right now
- Can I call you later?
You can also change the six phrases to be something a bit more akin to your personality:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch.
- Scroll down to Messages and select it.
- Tap “Default Replies.”
- Select one of the grayed out messages, like “What’s up?”
- Type your customized message in the text field.
How to send a new text on Apple Watch
You can also send a message via your Watch’s Friends list. This is a group of up to the 12 contacts you converse with most often. To access it, press the side button next to your Watch’s Digital Crown. Next, use the Digital Crown to scroll to the contact you’d like to text and finally tap their photo.For responding to messages that require more than an emoji response or canned text, you can reply using the Dictate Text feature. This makes it possible for you to send longer messages by speaking text aloud, which is then sent as an audio message or converted to text. The Apple Watch’s dictation feature is quite robust and it’s a great way to quickly respond to messages.
You might be interested:
- How to Backup iPhone Contacts Freely
- Transfer E-books between iPod, iPad and PC Freely
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
Recommend: if you would like to contacts from old iDevice to new iPhone, you can try this perfect one click data transfer tool, migrate everything, including SMS, Contacts, Videos, Photos, Call logs and more from phone to phone. Simply download and have a try.